Image Credits: cookwithkemi
Hello everyone! Welcome! For the next 12 weeks I’ll be sharing with you my 15-20 minutes meal plans
And one of such I’ll be sharing today is potato -gizdodo. It is a more filling variation to the usual gizdodo that is served as small chops or as a side dish at Nigerian parties. My addition of sweet potatoes makes it a complete meal
And the most beautiful thing about this meal is that it can be prepared ahead. Preparing quick and delicious meal 3 times daily can be challenging and sometimes seem impossible but with a little planning and cooking tips, we can easily achieve it. One other little secret I want to share with you about such 15 minutes meal is, ‘plan your meal weekly so that you can get all the needed ingredient by the weekend. This makes cooking healthy quick meal possible.
So with potato-gizdodo, all you need is to prepare your gizzard ahead at night. Season and boil it, wrap inside a ziplog bag and refrigerate. PEEL and dize the potatoes, put inside a ziplog bag and add a little water to prevent it from going ‘Blackish.’ And you are set for the next morning
Note. You can swap your chicken gizzard with chicken sausages or chicken breast, beef, snail etc.
Ingredient of my potato -gizdodo
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 2 ripe plantains
- 1 onion – chopped
- Seasoning cubes
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon each of curry and thyme
- Blended Peppers ( tomatoes, habanero and bell pepper)
- Veg oil for frying
- Sweet colorful pepper for garnish
- Bring out your prepared gizzards and potatoes from the fridge
- Place a frying pan on fire, put a little veg oil and fry the gizzard until browned. Set aside. Do likewise for the sweet potatoes
- While the potatoes are frying, pepper your sweet pepper (yellow, green and red tatashe). Deseed the pepper and slice them up.
- Next, when the potatoes are done, take them out and add the chopped onions and the sliced peppers… add a little salt and stir- fry till frangrant before adding the blended pepper. Season the pepper with salt, seasoning cubes and allow frying for the next 8-10 minutes
- Cookwithkemi hints: at this point, I usually take out my sweet pepper before adding the blended pepper so as to prevent it from going too soft (i like my veggies crunchy). but if you want a soft vegetable, you can go ahead with step 4 without removing the veggies
- Add the fried gizzards, stir and allow simmering for a while, then add fried potatoes also. Cook for 2 minutes;
- Lastly, toss in the fried plantains, combine with the rest of the ingredients in the pot and take it off the heat
Note. When you add the plantains, do not cook for long, so as not to have soggy plantains
I do hope you will try this potato -gizdodo fusion and when you do, kindly hashtag us on instagram #cookwithkemi with your pictures, we will love to see it. You can also leave your comment on this recipe by filling out the comment form below or email us at email@example.com with your questions.
Until my next recipe, do cook with a large dose of love, like our pages on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and also share this recipe. Thank you.