Image Credits: cookwithkemi
I love my homemade thing. I was so excited when I learnt how to make my DIY breadcrumbs while on the search for homemade quick recipes. I had gotten frustrated many a time when I needed to make some quick recipe with breadcrumbs but I got stuck because I had run out of breadcrumbs and had no knowledge on how to make mine.
Little did I know that it was quick and easy.
Yes, I love my homemade things. They are great and you are 100% sure of what goes into the preparation of your food and with this breadcrumbs [DIY], you don’t waste food.
Do you have left-over bread that has gone too stale for you to eat? Not the mouldy ones though. You can just put them into good use.
Breadcrumbs are needed for some basic recipes, like meatballs, yam balls etc. And all you need is your bread, an oven or a toaster.
Basic Ingredients Of Homemade Breadcrumbs
Slices of bread
Oven or toaster
Using an oven
- Spread the slices of bread in an oven sheet or tray
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, while constantly watching to prevent it from burning
- Take out of the oven and allow cooling
- When cooled, put in a food processor or the dry compartment of a blender and process
- Store in an airtight container. Can keep for weeks in the fridge
Using a toaster
- Put bread in a toaster and toast up. Dry toast, please. No garnish
- Toast until very dry, crispy but not burnt.
- Then, blend or put in the food processor
- note though: if you do not have a blender,just put the toast inside a zip log bag and gently roll over with a rolling pin. This will crush the toast and bring out for you, amazing breadcrumbs.
- Use as desired
- Simple and quick.
If you have ever been like me, wanting to make a recipe but couldn’t, because you ran out of breadcrumbs, please and please share in the comment segment below.
You know we always love to hear from you. Until my next do it yourself, share some foodie love, by sharing this recipe to family and friends. Thank you. #cookwithkemi#lovecook
You may also check :how to make homemade coconut milk here