This vegetable yam porridge will take your love for yam porridge to a different level. It is a tasty treat every porridge lover must take.
The sweetness of the potatoes merged with all other ingredients used in the making of this yam deliciousness cannot be overemphasized
This vegetable yam porridge is indeed taking you to a higher level. Lol!
My daughter is not a porridge lover, but since I have discovered the trick of adding a little potato to the dish, she has been swoon over. Her preference had always been fried or grilled potatoes but since I started making my yam porridge this way, she has been an advocate of vegetable yam porridge
So today, when she asked what mummy is cooking for breakfast and I said yam porridge, she shouted with glee, since she knew what was coming
So let us cook…
I do hope you will try our method and let us know your outcome. You may also decide to share your own tricks with this yam porridge thing in the comment page below
- Roughly blend the peppers with one onion. Set aside
- Soak the smoked fish in warm water with a little salt to rinse off the dirt. Then shred.
My vegetable yam porridge recipe
1. In a stock pot put the yam chunks, the potato chunks, add water to just about an inch below the level of the content in the pot.
2. Add in onion, crayfish, smoked fish, salt, seasoning and the pepper. Bring to boil.
3. When the yam is soft and cooked, like 20 minutes, pour in the palm oil. Allow simmering for 5 minutes
4. Add in the chopped vegetables, stir in and turn off the heat.
5. Cover pot to allow the vegetables to cook in the residual heat.
6. Then using a wooden spoon, gently marsh up the porridge. What you have is a mushy looking porridge.
7. Serve warm and enjoy
Till my next recipe, stay super- excited and keep adding a large dose of love into your cooking pots. #lovecook#cookwithkemi