Simplest Chinese fried rice Recipe
Hello foodie Clan, I am always so excited to bring to you, new recipes I try out. Was at a Lebanese restaurant recently with dear hubby and it just dawned on me that I do not yet have this recipe up. Do you know what I like most about this Chinese fried rice? It’s the slightly tangy taste you get while eating it.
You can make this with chicken, sausage or shrimps. I have tried the 3 out but today I will be sharing my recent one, which is the one I made with chicken
Please check how to make crispy shrimps here. A little secret I discovered from a Chinese chef. Wink!
Chinese rice might not be your regular rice but not to worry it is easy to whip up, even if you don’t have much experience with Chinese cooking
So let us cook…
How to Make the Perfect Chinese Fried Rice
- Boil your rice until cooked, preferably a night before you plan to make the Chinese fried rice
Or if you are making it the same day, once the rice is cooked, fluff it a bit with a kitchen fork then allow a cooling off. I naturally pour out my rice in a big sieve where it can cool off. Some people suggest placing it under a blowing fan.lol
- Also, season your meat and marinate for a few hours before
Chinese Fried Rice Preparations
- Place a wok on a medium heat, when the pot is heated, add 2 tablespoons of oil ensuring that the oil evenly coats the base. Add the minced ginger and garlic, onions…stir fry until fragrant.
- Add the marinated chicken, allow to brown on both sides, then take out on a plate
- Next add the vegetables, carrot and peas (you may decide to use any veggies of choice), fry until cooked. About 5-6 minutes.
- Then add the beaten eggs to the pot, allow to cook for a minute then pour in the cooked rice
Cookwithkemi hint: the trick here is this, we will need to allow the eggs to wrap around the rice
- So, stir- fry the rice till all the rice is coated in the scrambled eggs, add chicken stock and salt. Continue frying until the rice starts jumping around
Make sure the rice does not burn. Keep turning and tossing
Note: you might need to add a little oil here, so add a tablespoon of sesame oil
- Then add a tablespoon of soy sauce and white or freshly grounded black pepper to taste, stir fry
- Finally, add the green onions and stir to allow the flavour to mix with the rice. and for that final twist, squeeze out a lime juice on the rice and stir together
- Add the chicken back into the pot. Stir. Within 10-15 seconds, it is done
Enjoy! Let us know when or if you decide to try out our Chinese fried recipe. Looking forward to reading from you.